At Bower Education, we have developed a South Australian approach to education influenced by the Reggio Emilia principles and practices. We now invite families to join our Learning Through Play Sessions at Cranley House, designed to support the development of the whole child. Ashgrove House sessions will commence in the future.
Research by theorists such as Piaget, Bowlby, Vygotsky, Malaguzzi and Fleer, have supported the notion that “play is a child’s work” and is enormously important in the holistic development and wellbeing of the child. One of the teaching practices that is highlighted in the Early Years Learning Framework and in the Reggio philosophy, is learning through play.
Our philosophy refers to our belief that:
“children have the right to play. That they learn best by actively using their senses through play, to experiment, think, create, discover, explore, interpret, predict, communicate and reason. It is through play that children acquire skills and prepare for future learning.” (Cranley House Philosophy Statement 2017)
The Learning Through Play Sessions brings children, families and educators together to explore the benefits of play in a Reggio inspired environment. An experienced educator runs the sessions, ensuring that children and families enjoy a stimulating and interactive Reggio inspired program.
We look forward to “learning through play” together!
- A play-based Reggio inspired environment for children and families to enjoy quality time together, as well as connecting with their community.
- Access to indoor and outdoor spaces and equipment.
- Opportunities for social interaction for children and adults.
- An introduction to the centre and familiarization with the environment and staff.
- An experienced coordinator guides the Reggio inspired program and leads a shared group time at the conclusion of each session.
- Coffee and tea provided, please bring own snacks/water for your child.
DATES, TIMES & FEES
- Mondays during term time 9.30am – 11.00 am